BTE hearing aids are available in two styles: with a tube that carries the sound from the hearing aid into the ear, or with an external receiver that sits within the ear canal. BTE hearing aids are available in a variety of colours and designs as well as different performance levels.
Components of BTE Hearing Aids
- Microphones – pick up the sound
- Receiver – transmits the sound
- Mini-chip – processes the sound in accordance with individual hearing needs
- Tube with earpiece – delivers the amplified sound to the ear
- Battery – powers the instrument